The terms “we”, “us”, “our” , “Big Bad Wolf” refer to Big Bad Wolf Books Sdn. Bhd., and its subsidiaries and affiliates. A Big Bad Wolf corporate affiliate shall mean any entity (whether a person, corporation, partnership or otherwise) that directly or indirectly, controls, are controlled by, or are under common control with Big Bad Wolf. "Big Bad Wolf Companies" refers to Big Bad Wolf, its subsidiaries and its corporate affiliates collectively. The term “you” refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or order through us on this Website, or through our customer service agents.
* What information we collect from you
* How we use your information
* With whom we share your information
* How you can access your information
* Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
* Cookies and other Web technologies
* Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
* Applicable law and jurisdiction
* How we protect your information
* External links
* Where your data is stored
* How you can contact us
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
What information we collect from you
In general, we receive and store any information you enter or provide on our Website or supply to us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information or Personal Data"), including without limitation your first and last name, date of birth, identity card/Passport details telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and, if you make a reservation or order products from us through our Website, we will request that you provide additional personal information in order for us to process payment and delivery, including financial information such as credit card information and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member, purchase products or services, complete a user profile, participate in a survey, competition or promotion, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our Website. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary.
How we use your information
i. Generally, Big Bad Wolf collects, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
1. Providing our products and services to you on this Website;
2.communicating with you, including without limitation responding to your queries and requests and contacting you for customer service, if necessary;
3. measuring interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
4. customizing your experience with this Website;
5. managing the administrative and business operations of Big Bad Wolf and complying with internal policies and procedures;
6.facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any of the Big Bad Wolf Companies;
7. matching any personal information held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
8.resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
9. preventing, detecting and investigating crime, responding to queries from enforcement agencies, and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
10. monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
11.organizing promotional events;
12. egal purposes and enforcing our legal rights and remedies (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
13.conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud and preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
14. meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Big Bad Wolf including the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations);
16. facilitating daily operations of our products and services (including but not limited to managing your account, billing, customer service, customer verification, technical support, network maintenance and troubleshooting);
17.processing of payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
18. resolving disputes, collecting fees, or troubleshooting problems;
19. generating internal reports (including but not limited to annual, operational and management reports);
20.processing referral payments and commission fees to our external partners;
21. administering fee adjustments, refunds and waivers;
22. purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
Furthermore, where permitted by law,
1. Big Bad Wolf may also collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following “Big Bad Wolf Additional Purposes”:
2. analytics and tracking, including facilitating the sale of analytical data;
3. conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes in relation to Big Bad Wolf's products, and to improve our service delivery and your customer experience at our touchpoints;
ii. providing additional products and services and benefits to you, including special offers, promotions, loyalty and reward programmes from Big Bad Wolf;
1. matching personal information with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services by Big Bad Wolf;
2. leads generation and management for marketing Big Bad Wolf's products and services;
3. administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalizing your experience at Big Bad Wolf’s touchpoints;
iii. rewarding you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join;
iv. communicating to you advertisements involving details of our products and services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling);
1. organizing promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects; and
2. purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
In addition, where permitted by law, your personal information may be disclosed, for Big Bad Wolf Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Big Bad Wolf. For more information, see below.
1. Big Bad Wolf may also collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following “Preferred Partners Additional Purposes” :
2. conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes with our preferred partners;
3.matching personal information with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services (including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes) by our preferred partners;
v. leads generation and management for marketing the products and services offered by our preferred partners; ;
1. administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns in connection with the products and services offered by our preferred partners;
2. sending you informational, recruitment and other notification messages communicated by our preferred partners;
3. communicating to you advertisements involving details of the products, services, special offers and rewards offered by our preferred partners, either to our customers generally, or which we or our preferred partners have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling); and br/> vi. purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
In addition, where permitted by law, your personal information may be disclosed, for Preferred Partners' Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Big Bad Wolf’s preferred partners. For more information, see below.
In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your personal information for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services that you hold or have subscribed to with Big Bad Wolf.
All information that we collect from you is retained in the servers of the Big Bad Wolf Companies.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your book-related interests. For example, if you have completed a search for a book on home designs on our Website and have saved your cart or otherwise not yet purchased your book, we may send you an email message reminding you about your saved item or about a home design. Similarly, if you receive an email from us about home design and demonstrate an interest in architecture by affirmatively clicking on a link about architecture in the email, you may receive an email about architectural books on offers or other information. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about book-related special offers available through our Website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
Big Bad Wolf Books Sdn Bhd will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal information may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
* Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including banks, credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, promotions, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may share your personal information with telecommunications, content or other service providers to facilitate their provision of content or services, or for interconnection, interoperability, system operation and maintenance and billing between service providers. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
* Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, for example financial institutions, credit card services, telecommunications providers or -related services, as well as commercial shops and retailers in relation to providing rewards and benefits. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to sign up to these optional, jointly-offered services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those business partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about the products and services that you have signed up to receive. Such personal information may include your contact information as well as other information necessary to provide the product or service you have requested. Those third party business partners will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, except when permitted to do so by applicable law. However, please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
* Referring websites. If you were referred to this Website from another website, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to this Website.
* Companies providing services to Big Bad Wolf Companies, such as insurance, auditing, legal or consultancy services, as well as agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Big Bad Wolf, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call center, security or other services.
* Others, including any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Big Bad Wolf Companies; and any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information.
We also may share your information:
* Where required by local or foreign law in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes.
* In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors this Website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest and to audit the efficacy of our advertising.
How you can access your information
You can access, correct and update your contact information by visiting the My Profile page on this Website. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, if we no longer hold such information, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity for a period of time, after which we will ensure such information is securely destroyed. Information we may retain includes, for example, accounting data, data for auditing purposes and transactional information and/or information required to be retained for compliance with law.
If you do not hold an account with us or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you have the right to ask us to access, correct, delete or modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
When you register as a member on this Website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers from us, as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. As a registered member on this Website, you can modify your choices at any time through the Email Settings of the My Profile page. You will also be given the same choices when you fill in any form on our Website by which you provide your email address to us. It is your responsibility to safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by you and anyone other than you.
Whether registered as a member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, loyalty program updates, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this Website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Website, you will not be able to access portions of our Website.
Cookies and other Web technologies
To help customize your user experience and improve our online services to you, we automatically collect some information about you and your computer and/or any other device capable of connecting to the Internet when you visit this Website of your online activity, such as what was viewed and purchases made and other statistics.
As a member or visitor to this Website, you will be assigned a permanent cookie file on your computer's hard drive. When you access the My Profile areas of this Website, to purchase, we may require you to sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. Once you sign in as a member, we record the Member ID and the name on the member account in the cookie file on your computer. We may also record your password in this cookie file as encrypted data if you checked the box entitled "Save this password for automatic sign-in." Your Member ID, password, and the name on your member account is stored in the cookie file as encrypted data, so no one can view the information it contains by obtaining unauthorised access to your computer. Permanent cookie files remain on your computer's hard drive until you manually delete the file.
This Website may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve Website performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our Website. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
You may block, delete or disable cookies, Web beacons and other Web technologies by amending your browser or device settings. However, if you do disable these technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features or services on our Website and may limit the functionality when you visit our Website, including without limitation our services and planning tools. Disabling these technologies may also mean that you are required to re-enter account information (such as Member ID and password) on several occasions during any browsing session. For more information, please refer to your browser or device settings.
Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
Data collected by business partners and ad networks are used to serve you with relevant advertising. The advertisements you see on this Website are served by us or by our service providers We also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) other Big Bad Wolf Companies; (2) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our Websites; and (3) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our Websites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our Website, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
Data collected by companies that operate cookie-based exchanges are used to serve you with relevant advertising. Like other companies operating online, this Website participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest. These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our Website.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this Website to make orders, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting personal information that is sensitive to you (e.g., credit card details) between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Whilst we adopt all possible security measures to protect your personal data, however, it is advisable that your computer, laptop, phone, tablet or notebook and/or any other device capable of connecting to the Internet be provided with software devices that protect network data transmission/receipt and that your internet service provider take appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission.
Where your data is stored
Big Bad Wolf stores and processes Personal Data about buyers in secure environments in the country or region where it is collected. In order to provide its services, Big Bad Wolf must transfer your Personal Data to countries where our third party vendors are located. Such transfers of Personal Data will be conducted in accordance with local data protection laws. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia, if applicable as described herein.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
How you can contact us